WHAT IS COLOR TO WORK?
It is a program for the promotion of bicycle outside of its regular use in the city of Alicante.
It is based on the creation of a contest of duration 3 months, between the shops located in the downtown area of Alicante, and more specifically in the area considered by the town hall as “of great tourist”. In this way the employees of each company come to bike to work, the colors will be designated to your company in the form of reflective vest, advertising your brand. Also will have to put a barcode on their bikes, so that when these stationed in any of the exclusive car parks for workers, it will be registered as trip.
At the end of the competition, the company that has achieved the largest number of trips in its category (this will depend on the number of employees), it will have visual advertising of the colors of your company over the new infrastructure (enlargement of the pica) created with this destination, through the safety lights. Infrastructure that will improve the conditions of accessibility not only for workers but also for the rest of the citizens.
WHAT IS THE CONTEXT?
The center of Alicante presents conditions of bike lane very precarious due to the amount of traffic, and the lack of space. That is why much of the infrastructure lacks division with the road traffic. This is also one of the problems for which people are using the bike mainly in the free time and not for everyday tasks, or go to work, despite the existence of a great potential in this area.
WHO IS AFFECTED AND HOW?
Alicante is a city mainly tourism, which has suffered a great momentum in the past few years in the bicycle mobility refers to the plan because pica. That is why the best way to boost its use is to combine it with the engine of the economy of the place: the tourism.
In this way the program will affect both directly and indirectly to all the citizens and tourists.
- City council: it will be the prime mover of the expansion of the PICA, as well as the judge of the competition.
- Bike users: people who regularly use the bike, you will see increased accessibility for daily use, and improved security in the new fabric.
- Srtores: will be able to access advertising directly related to the travelers of the AVE and TRAM, without the need for a great investment.
- Workers: in exchange for incentives shall cooperate in the creation of urban identity, as well as to benefit and promote your business.
- Pedestrian: will see improved security in the face of the bicycles.
- Tourists: will receive a picture of which companies are the most ecological of the city, and which are now opting for a sustainable mobility.
HOW IT IS PERFORMED?
In the first place there would be a test program in which participation of the principal centers of shops. In this process is necessary a first intervention on the part of the city council, for building the infrastructure that can generate interest in the participants.
The first contest would be held the first three months with the 4 companies chosen. To subsequently allow the rest of shops in the area join the fight for first place.
In regard to the budget, the infrastructure would be financed by the city council , but the incentive and the necessary elements for the advertising would be borne by each company.
The money from the city council comes from the PMUS, radar fines , and a percentage of the new tax for non-resident, the congestion charge(like London congestion charge).